reflection
Last you knew we hit a deer - Phil, and his handy self was able to fix it up with ease. He really is amazing... can do just about anything he puts his mind to!!! He has also figured out how to settle all this chaos at work. So hopefully no more work days lasting 'til 10pm...
As for the pregnancy - I had 2.5 GREAT days... followed by another pregnant puke-o one!!! I got so much done in those 2 and a half days. Got to clean the house, buy a new rug, go see the "Laughlin Idol" hang with our friends (the Steins). It was a good 3 days... minus the ole puke finish.
Made it to the doctor Friday only to discover I am now 12 weeks - aka 3 MONTHs along. That is good news because last time he said estimated less progression than we thought. Now I am hopeful this nausiating stuff will finish soon! (As long as baby keeps growing healthy).
And another thing - you may not care to know all this but I have always been scared to death of kids ever since Phil and I got married. Just because I knew it was actually a possibility to be a mom... something that I can never un-do; take back; or take a vacation from. That scare(s/d) the snot out of me! Whatever I do can either make or break this kid.
I have always felt kids were a hassle. So, I've been working at understanding why I feel this way; and praying for a change of attitude... for the first time it hit me today. These kids, as scary as they may be, are not all hassle. They are a blessing. Something the Lord loans us for a short amount of time. And as a sister said in her testimony today - God will never give us something we can not handle. Something so obvious it is sometimes over-looked and forgotten!!! And another thing is that God shows his strength through our weaknesses.... Man how can I have been so silly for over 3 years.... But I guess now I'm ready - or in 6 months I will be!
As for the pregnancy - I had 2.5 GREAT days... followed by another pregnant puke-o one!!! I got so much done in those 2 and a half days. Got to clean the house, buy a new rug, go see the "Laughlin Idol" hang with our friends (the Steins). It was a good 3 days... minus the ole puke finish.
Made it to the doctor Friday only to discover I am now 12 weeks - aka 3 MONTHs along. That is good news because last time he said estimated less progression than we thought. Now I am hopeful this nausiating stuff will finish soon! (As long as baby keeps growing healthy).
And another thing - you may not care to know all this but I have always been scared to death of kids ever since Phil and I got married. Just because I knew it was actually a possibility to be a mom... something that I can never un-do; take back; or take a vacation from. That scare(s/d) the snot out of me! Whatever I do can either make or break this kid.
I have always felt kids were a hassle. So, I've been working at understanding why I feel this way; and praying for a change of attitude... for the first time it hit me today. These kids, as scary as they may be, are not all hassle. They are a blessing. Something the Lord loans us for a short amount of time. And as a sister said in her testimony today - God will never give us something we can not handle. Something so obvious it is sometimes over-looked and forgotten!!! And another thing is that God shows his strength through our weaknesses.... Man how can I have been so silly for over 3 years.... But I guess now I'm ready - or in 6 months I will be!


3 Comments:
Yea!! I found your blog!! You are going to be a terrific mother, I can see the love in your eyes!! It's okay to be a fraid of children... I'm still afraid of mine sometimes!!
YahoO for being 12 wks along!!! I hope you feel better soon! It's totally different w/ your own kids... really - you'll love that little peanut so much.. you'll be surprised. Really. You may tire of other people's kids - that's understandable. But when there's a mini-you/Phil running around... you're going to be loving life!
Sure you will have busy days. Days you will forget to call your favorite sis-in-law(ME)to help with their blogs(Sorry, I haven't forgot you), but you will have calming days that you will be able to reflect and see the joy in being a mommy. You have always been good with my kids and I know you will be even better with yours. I love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home