Monday, July 12, 2010

boy oh boy


SO brayden has been crawling for about ... 2 weeks or so now. This includes a trip in which he was not put down for a couple of days straight (thought it would hinder his progress in learning to crawl). Boy was I wrong. He has not only decided that he could crawl (against his will) but he now has it in his mind he should be walking. The past three days has consisted of me finding his standing in his crib, pulling up on me to stand, and other random objects (stationary or not!). These have all been usassisted and is amazing me how much he keeps figuring out despite my efforts to thwart his progression. I was in Maryland last month and watched my 15 month old nephew walk around, pulling everything from food to pots and pans out of cupboards at a rate that was amazing!
Before Brayden arrived I figured I'd want to fast forward to the part where they are independant and can wipe their own butt, feed them self and play without me needing to watch. God has taught me other wise. I have fallen in love with the precious nature of a newborn and is helpless and relies on me for - EVERYTHING. It is hard at times, but the reward is oh so sweet! There is no doubt, he is my son! Always wanting me (if not touching, at least) close by. That is the tough part, I'm having to learn to funtion in a new way now, and try to teach him it's ok for me to walk away... but it is hard! But as I said, he is so sweet and loving and learning at an incredibly fast rate. He isn't even 8 months yet and is starting to walk on things - even when I keep pulling him down or picking him up. I was hoping to thwart this progression for a while longer, but none the less it is exciting!! and I am happy for him because he LOVES to see life! People, things, he is always taking it alllll in! So smart! The reward of mothering is far greater than I could have ever imagined. And one day we hope to add more to the buda-ful bunch we have here!
Saydee is still loving brayden but in the realization that Brayden ususally gets hives after a lick fest, she is no longer aloud to hang aroud him much. We pick and choose when she can be around - and I basically time her, "lick... NOW (5..4..3..2..1) OK Enough!" then go wash Brayden anywhere she has touched. they both love it, and I swear ther is some sort of brain wave length that lures Saydee in. All he does is stare, smile and somehow here comes saydee against all of my desputes! haha boy oh boy life is great!
Phil is doing great in training. Trucking right along! And he isn't as stressed or beaten down - it's nice to have my normal husband back! There for a while I was unsure what they did to him up there... peoplewould ask me on a regular basis if he was ok becuase he ... wasn't himself. He is getting soooo close to his "DROP" date. and Graduation is quick to follow. We are getting so excited to see how this hard work will pay off with his next assignment! Future info is sure to follow!
We are also working right now on letting brayden put himself to sleep!... yuck! it isn't fun! BUT it'll definitly be worth me not hving to get up multiple times a night still! or rock him for 20-30 mins everytime I tried to put him to sleep. Now phil always had this way of getting him asleep with in like 5 mins.. idk how! kinda resinted him for it for a while. But now its better! somenights are easy, some are hard but we're on day 5 of this.
July 4th was great! got to see the fmily. He's up now... I gotta go - finsih more later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home