Saturday, January 9, 2010

oh what i wouldn't give...

So Phil is gone on his first cross country trip for the Air Force this weekend. You would think Friday through Sunday isn't really all that bad. But this past week I have dreaded it, wondering if I would be able to survive the weekend without one break. Because it isn't just one weekend to me, it is one weekend on top of his 12 hour days, that backs right into another 12 hour/day work week.
Friday arrived, he left and I wasn't feeling as bad as I thought, perhaps it didn't sink in. I was wondering what I wanted for dinner (seeing as if Phil isn't home I normally wont cook just for myself, but I know I need to eat healthy for Braydens benefit... hm... Just then my awesome friend calls and invites me to dinner and bowling. The night went great, then another friend invites me to the football game at the alamodome today (saturday). I turned that down, and proceeded to chill, shop, and clean at will. It was actually really nice! Then night time hits. Two nights in a row Brayden has cried for about 3 hours of me rocking, holding, swaying, etc... to try and help him feel better. It was all worth it because last night was the best sleep so far (only 3 feedings). So tonight we hit the same routine, hours of me trying to help ease his pains... Only time will tell if he will sleep well tonight.
But heres the kicker - I finally settle him down, get him to sleep, and in bed without waking him, only to have Saydee causing trouble. She's been doing the typical dog thing: in and out to the backyard a rediculous amount since Brayden arrived.. i keep giving in because I think she probably just wants attention, I'll give it to her and eventually she'll see she doesn't need to do that. Well... tonight I decide to ignore her, I start to go to bed (because remember Brayden is finally down after the hours of everything) and Saydee begins to make bard noises as she wines and scratches at the door. Great - So now I'm up waiting on a sick dog.. while the baby is sleeping.. It allows me to write on here, but I'm sure just long enough to bring her back inside, lay down, just barely relax and maybe even begin to doze off, and probably all just in time for the next feeding. haha OH WHAT I WOULDN"T GIVE for a dog door! This will probably be the next big purchase (I never could justify buying a 150 dollar dog door for a house we'd live in 1 year.) Now I will happily do so! haha isn't life funny!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I'm amazed at how you have so much patience. I couldn't rock a crying baby for three hours and get up three times a night to feed him. No way.

January 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Whitney said...

awww poor thing... have you tried giving him medicine for gas? or sometimes my sister puts her kids in the car seat and drives around the block to get them to fall asleep. you are a great momma! it was so good to see you over the break. keep posting pictures of brayden. he is adorable!

January 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Sorry you had a long weekend :(
I had no idea until today that Phil was gone on cross-country. I would have had you OVER!! :)

January 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

i love you, seester!! <3
i talked to mom and she said we can come back for spring break this year!! & i get to see you next weekend! yippy!! :D

January 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home