Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The BBQ

So I am surrounded by some of the best people ever! But I must start a few weeks back... Phil had this bbq he just HAD to go to, because "all the important people would be there". I had be talking to my mom on and off trying to decide on a date for a shower for the past 3 weeks and she said maybe on the 19th of Sept. This excited me because I knew I wouldn't be too close to delivery that I could make that trip easily. The weekend before we were gone to Maryland, the weekend before that - too soon to try and plan a shower (since it would've been a couple days away). So I tell Phil that he needs to re-think that BBQ because someone (my mom) is going outta her way to plan a shower for us. It'd be rude to make her reschedule bc of a BBQ. I get a call in the next couple days that my mom is working that day and we'll have to do the 26th instead. So Phil is off the hook. He can go to his stupid bbq! Well about a week and a half ago we get this creepy drive by out front our house. The car slows down, turns lights off, and then peels out when phil jumps up to check it out. It wasn't but the next morning when I see we have been invited to a BaByQ shower for us on - no other than the 19th. So I call my friend who's house it was at, in admiration of the cute invite. I was so excited, but reserved because all I could think was "phil has his stupid BBQ with all the 'important' people" that same day. I hope he's not a terd about this... bc i figured I'm going - and I'd like him to come too! But if he turned my mom down for a shower I was afraid for the fate of our friends shower too... He gets home and after a game of cat and mouse I realize this was the BBQ he had been talking about the whole time. They had been making a surprise shower and I had NO clue! Man I have awesome friends, an awesome husband who somehow kept this a secret DESPITE the heat I gave about the situation, and an awesome mother who apparently knew and made these plans work also!!!





Would you believe that these girl (above) made this awesome diaper cake (below)!?!


Phil has an unfair advantage to this game - seeing as he was breastfed til he was 8! ha jk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home