about time!
Sorry it's taken so long to post! I've been a little busy HAVING A BABY!!!
YEAH! We were blessed with a beautiful baby boy Tuesday morning Nov 17 at 5:39 am
Here's the story!
The Lord Really REALLY showed off with how much he blessed us during this whole process! I had very specific things I wanted to happen w/ the pregnancy but only half heartidly asked in my prayers, because I felt too selfish asking for it to go so exact. But once again the Lord went ahead and answered my prayers. I wanted my water to break in the middle of the night during the week so Phil would be there, but didn't want to get any on my matress because (it was a fight to get that mattress and I didn't want it to get ruined), I had a dream about him coming, so it's almst like I new when he'd get here. I was well rested (PRIOR), he came early (which I also wanted), he came out in the position I wanted, and it was great!
I have heard horror stories of labor lasting 48 hours, etc... I wnated him to come naturally and in less time if possible! I didn't think I could handle a 48 hour stretch. I get grouchy and light headed if I can't eat... so I was dreading the hospital lock down. So when my water broke at 2 am I told phil lets take our time, go back to bed, eat a nice breakfast - I'm sure I've got pleanty of time. Turns out phil really wanted to go to the hospital, so I stalled as much as possible before phil and I ventured out! I told him we had to get some food first. Something easy to digest of course. I had anticipated doughnut, but felt nauseated when thinking about eating all that sugar. SO naturally the next best thing at 2am is IHOP! We're inthe parking lot when we see a sign on the door... Phil goes to check it out so I don't have to get in and out of the car with my big ole belly! As he walks in to talk to the guy at the counter I realize contractions picking up pretty bad, and right as I'm about to yell at him "I change my mind - lets get to the hospital" he comes out to tell me the kitchen is closed. We make it to the hospital by 3:30 am and had Brayden (still name less at this time) 2 and half hours later (5:39am). I arrived fully effaced and dialated to a 5... nurse claimed I was past the hard part but I figured labor would be worse. I asked for staydol (spelling>?) and eventually she gave me some in the iv - nothing else... it went fast - thank goodness!!! So I got to eat breakfast like a normal person!
Everything was perfect - not to mention the cutest baby boy I've ever seen... big boned, dark hair, red complection! cutie-pie... he is so sweet! Can't wait to show him off!!!
YEAH! We were blessed with a beautiful baby boy Tuesday morning Nov 17 at 5:39 am
Here's the story!
The Lord Really REALLY showed off with how much he blessed us during this whole process! I had very specific things I wanted to happen w/ the pregnancy but only half heartidly asked in my prayers, because I felt too selfish asking for it to go so exact. But once again the Lord went ahead and answered my prayers. I wanted my water to break in the middle of the night during the week so Phil would be there, but didn't want to get any on my matress because (it was a fight to get that mattress and I didn't want it to get ruined), I had a dream about him coming, so it's almst like I new when he'd get here. I was well rested (PRIOR), he came early (which I also wanted), he came out in the position I wanted, and it was great!
I have heard horror stories of labor lasting 48 hours, etc... I wnated him to come naturally and in less time if possible! I didn't think I could handle a 48 hour stretch. I get grouchy and light headed if I can't eat... so I was dreading the hospital lock down. So when my water broke at 2 am I told phil lets take our time, go back to bed, eat a nice breakfast - I'm sure I've got pleanty of time. Turns out phil really wanted to go to the hospital, so I stalled as much as possible before phil and I ventured out! I told him we had to get some food first. Something easy to digest of course. I had anticipated doughnut, but felt nauseated when thinking about eating all that sugar. SO naturally the next best thing at 2am is IHOP! We're inthe parking lot when we see a sign on the door... Phil goes to check it out so I don't have to get in and out of the car with my big ole belly! As he walks in to talk to the guy at the counter I realize contractions picking up pretty bad, and right as I'm about to yell at him "I change my mind - lets get to the hospital" he comes out to tell me the kitchen is closed. We make it to the hospital by 3:30 am and had Brayden (still name less at this time) 2 and half hours later (5:39am). I arrived fully effaced and dialated to a 5... nurse claimed I was past the hard part but I figured labor would be worse. I asked for staydol (spelling>?) and eventually she gave me some in the iv - nothing else... it went fast - thank goodness!!! So I got to eat breakfast like a normal person!
Everything was perfect - not to mention the cutest baby boy I've ever seen... big boned, dark hair, red complection! cutie-pie... he is so sweet! Can't wait to show him off!!!


1 Comments:
It was wonderful to hear how the Lord answered your prayers so tenderly. I must say that sounded like a very easy labor, and I am glad. I think I'll put up a few petitions of my own. I really am so glad to hear how well you and Brayden are doing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home